Monday, March 10, 2014

And Another Week Bites the Dust......

Not a terrific week as I was tired right from the beginning.  I guess in a way it is to be expected, but I am running lower mileage than I have in a while, more quality, but lower overall quantity.  I feel good today which is a plus as I have two tougher weeks with a half marathon on the 23rd in Atlanta.

Recap:

Mon - Core class, no running.  Legs better than expected as they were very tired on Sunday morning's run.
Tues - 6 easy miles outside as I felt tired.   More snow & ice than I expected on the roads/path.  Work with trainer.
Wed - 5 easy mile outside.  Still feeling tired.  Core class.
Thurs - 7 miles with 8 x hill.  Wanted a bit longer mileage as I cut my warm up and cool down shorter than expected since the path was once again icier than expected and I'm not risking it in the dark.  Work with trainer.
Fri - No run day off.  Getting ready for a hilly 20.
Sat - 20 miles over a very hilly course.  Left my running buddies at 14 and finished the last 6 With one really big climb fast(er).  Did run the 20 in just about the same time as last week's 19 which was done on the pretty flat path in the park.  Weather was really strange during the run. Started with drizzle and some slick spots on the road, then it warmed up during the first loop, but by the time I finished the second loop, temps had dropped and the snow flurries started.  Those slick spots were even slicker!
Sun - 3.2 mile recovery run.  Only wanted to do 30 min just to get the legs moving.  Should have waited until the snow melted more as it was still a bit snowier and icier than I expected.

WTD: 41.2 miles

YTD: 387 miles (24 miles ahead of last year with lots more quality and faster paces even for the slow long runs).

The 20 on Saturday was harder than I expected or wanted it to be and it has been a long time since I ran at Hinckley.  I forgot how hilly it really is and I forgot how much younger I was the last time that I ran there (Spring,2005).  Combine that with the not so wonderful conditions made for a tough run.  We did joke that come April 21st, we might want to expect snow or 90F - whatever would fit with the crazy winter that most of the country has had to deal with this year. Wish I knew how to insert the elevation chart, but the Hinckley run is definitely tougher than anything Boston can throw at you.  I would just like to be able to break 4 hrs on the Boston course one more time.  I guess we will see.

It is supposed to be rainy today and warmer both today and tomorrow, and then guess what - winter will be back on Wednesday!    Dropped my daughter and her friend off at the Megabus in downtown Cleveland this morning and they are on their way to Chicago for the week.  So if any of you see two lost college girls - it might be them.  I just hope that it isn't too nasty in Chicago with the predicted weather.  I told them to go the one of the museums that day and that way they will stay warm!.  Good thing the Shamrock Shuffle isn't until month's end; however, I do believe that the NYC Half Marathon is this coming weekend just about when the weather will arrive.

It was nice to see Shannon even if only for one night and a day.  

42 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment